- Glass (or ceramic) jar with small opening on top
- 4-6 reed sticks [or bamboo skewers]
- 1/4 cup safflower or sweet almond oil [as carrier oil]
- Essential oils [go wild]
- Splash of Vodka [optional + should be at least 90%]
- Add about 1/4 cup of carrier oil.
- If using alcohol, add a splash into the jar + swirl around thoroughly to help bind with the oil.
- Add drops of essential oils (15ish) + swirl the mixture to blend well// we blended lavender, rose and bergamot.
- Place sticks in jar.
- After a few hours, flip the sticks over to saturate the other end.
- About once a week, swish and flip sticks until the scent has diffused. To revitalize add more drops of essential oils.
- When sticks are entirely saturated with oil, they need to be replaced with new ones.
- Enjoy a fresh smelling home free of unwanted synthetic scents!